Category Archives: News

Free Usenet For Your Friends

We’ve just released an exciting new feature for our Unlimited usenet customers. Now our Unlimited customers have 10 invites that they can send to friends, family, or anyone else. Those invites can be redeemed by the recipient for a free usenet account. The free accounts are good for 3 months and allow 20 GB of access per month.

Binary Retention Now at 650 Days

We’re excited to announce that we just moved past 650 days of binary retention. NewsgroupDirect continues to push the envelope for usenet access, and this latest achievement further proves the point. We strive daily to provide the best service and features in the industry. The new retention is available immediately and is available to all of our accounts at no additional charge.

Looking for Guest Bloggers

We’ve decided to open up our blog to a few guest bloggers. If you are interested in doing some writing and are a usenet user then we’d love to hear from you. Just contact us and tell us what you’d like to write about.

New and Improved Free Trial

We’ve decided to make some changes to our free trial process. Our old free trial was for 14 days and 1 GB of usage. That system worked great, as it gave our users plenty of time to decide if our service was right for them, but the 1 GB usage limit caused a lot of customers to leave their free trial quicker than they anticipated. To improve that and to insure that we’re giving our customers as much information about our service as possible we’ve decided to change the free trial terms to 7 days and 15 GB of usage.

Website Maintenance Tonight (UPDATED)

NewsgroupDirect.com will be unavailable tonight from 9 PM EST until 11 PM EST. We are going to be migrating the website to new servers and upgrading database configurations.

Announcing Our Partnership with StorageNinja

We are extremely excited to be able to offer a great new benefit to our users. NewsgroupDirect has partnered with StorageNinja, the online storage and backup service, to provide 30 GB of online storage for our new Unlimited account users. 30 GB of online storage and backup provides our users a secure, reliable way to…Continue reading →

Newsgroup Retention Now at 600 Days!

We’re pleased to announce that our binary retention is now at 600 days! Our retention has been growing daily for months, and we?re continuing to set new records daily.

50 Connections Now Available!

We’re excited to announce that we are now able to offer our customers 50 concurrent connections. NewsgroupDirect continues to invest in our infrastructure as a part of our commitment to having the best service in the industry.